- 24-Mar-2017 to 23-May-2017 (PST)
- Collinsville, IL, USA
- Full Time
paid vacation, holidays, sick time, health and dental insurance, opportunity for growth, retirement package
We are a growing local company and we are looking for an Inventory Specialist. We offer paid vacations, holidays, sick time, health and dental insurance, a retirement package and year round work with opportunity for growth. Plus, we were recently named as the number five small business to work for in the St. Louis area by Top Work Places and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch; and we were also named as the number nine best small business to work for in the state, by the Best Places to Work for in IL and the Daily Herald Business Ledger. Must be clean-cut, drug-free and undergo a background check.
The Inventory Specialist is responsible for following the proper company procedures to maintain appropriate levels of inventory on vehicles, restock and reorder parts and equipment as necessary, and ensure the delivery of essential equipment/parts to the technicians. The employee must be able to climb ladders, and work in hot and cold environments. The inventory specialist is expected to act professionally and perform in an efficient manner to ensure an effective use of company time and resources.
- Conduct inventory audits on technician trucks, vans and in the shop.
- Restock technician orders and pick up paperwork for processing.
- Accurately update inventory levels and notify the manager of reordering needs.
- Facility maintenance.
- Deliver/ retrieve special order parts.
- Expedite parts and check unused or returned parts back in at the conclusion of each job.
- Maintain, schedule and perform vehicle maintenance as needed.
- Ensure company vehicles are clean and tidy, inside and out, and all parts, tools, and equipment are stored properly.
- Become familiar with our company, products and services so you can answer a variety of different questions without needing to consult others
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be in possession of a legal Driver's License and maintain a safe driving record.
- No DUI convictions
- Must be courteous and respectful to customers and coworkers
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Excellent opportunity for growth for the right candidate
- Must be respectful of company property and follow safe handling procedures for large items.
- No visible tattoos, piercings or facial hair
- Maintain a neat, clean appearance so as to represent the company in a positive way.
To adequately perform the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift equipment, often in excess of 75 lbs. Safe lifting and handling procedures are to be followed at all times. The employee should also be able to sit and stand for long periods. Occasionally, the employee may be asked to drive long distances to deliver or retrieve an item. The employee is required to frequently interact with other coworkers and customers.
The work environment noise level is usually moderate but will vary occasionally. The work environment will subject employees to continual interruptions and changing priorities. Effective, consistent and constant communication with customers, vendors, co-workers and others is required.